I finally purchased the ABH Moonchild and if you've been following my blog for some time, you know I wanted it since I got the Sweets Glow Kit (reviewed here). At the time of release I didn't think these colours would match my complexion. However, I also didn't think I would like a pink or purple highlighter but boy was I wrong.
The Moonchild Glow Kit contains six sparkly metallic highlighters and retails for $40 USD on the Anastasia site. It comes with less product than you would typically get with the other kits but you are gaining two additional shades. These shades have a pearlescent finish ranging from pearls, blues and lavenders which were inspired by the movie The Neverending Story to give a celestial skin finish. The packaging even has a pearlescent reflect.
All six shades are very pigmented and finely milled. I love the duo chrome finish that three of shades have. Just by looking at the colours in the pan you can't tell that it contains a pink or green highlighter. They are gorgeous and can also be worn as eyeshadows.
- Via Anastasiabeverlyhills.com
- Blue Ice - Diamond white with an icy blue reflect
- Star - A moonstone fusion of mint, platinum and silver reflect
- Purple Horseshoe - A glittering lavender with an arctic blue reflect
- Pink Heart - Pearl white with a pink opal reflect
- Lucky Clover - A shamrock-infused gold with canary yellow diamond reflect
- Blue Moon - Frozen blue with a silver reflect
Overall, I'm very pleased with this purchase. The colours are very unique and it will be fun creating looks with these. They are definitely not your everyday highlighter shades. You can layer each shade or wear them separately on the face, eyes and body for a shimmering multicoloured effect. Since the release of this palette, I've seen more makeup brands come out with colourful highlighters which heats up the highlighter game.
Thanks for stopping by,