Hi Loves! It’s been awhile since my last post as I was sick then went away for a much needed vacation. I thought I would share some of the makeup items I took with me to Aruba. First off, I just want to say that Aruba is such a beautiful island and I had an amazing time with my family.
If you follow me on Instagram and Snapchat, you’ve seen how much makeup I packed for my trip. I always pack way too much makeup and clothes but I believe it’s better to have more than less haha. To be honest, I never wear half of the stuff I take. Once my skin gets sun kissed, I don’t need much makeup because my skin glows and looks so healthy. Since my complexion is already on the darker side, it doesn’t take much for me to get tanned. Once I’m suntanned, my skin looks naturally bronzed so I don’t need to use a bronzer. I love that bronze look.
When I go on beach vacations, I don’t usually like to travel with my higher end makeup products. I tend to take more drug store and lower end products with me like Mac, NYX, Milani and Colourpop. When I was just hanging out by the beach and pool, all I needed was concealer, brows and lipstick. Oh and of course some highlighter, can’t forget that. While vacationing in tropical destinations, I like to wear bright pink and coral lipsticks. My Colourpop highlighters were very convenient to use to add little glow to my eyes and cheeks during the day. In the evenings for dinner, I did simple looks but added some more makeup in the rotation such as blush and eye shadow.
Here are my most used products:
- Nyx Eyebrow Pencil - Dark Brown
- La Girl HD Concealer – Medium Beige
- Conceal Correct and Contour palette- the darker shades of this palette was useful when my skin got tanned
- Mac Mineralized Charged Water Spray – A must have (not pictured above)
- Colourpop Highlighters – Parasol and Highly Waisted
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow kit
- Too faced Paris in Love Palette (fromthe Grand Chateau Set)
- Eyeshadows: Colourpop Lala and Animal; Milani Bella Manderin and Copper
- Lipstick – Milani Flamingo Pose; Colourpop Scandy; and Mac Crosswires (I wore this one the most)
- Ben Nye Banana setting powder
- Blush-Milani Rose D’ oro
In my initial review of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow kit (Read here), I stated that this kit would be perfect for travel and it sure was. I used every single shade in the palette separately and combined. I don’t like how these shades look when applied as is but when applied with a wet brush, my highlight was popping!
Besides my makeup and makeup brushes I also took some of skincare items, makeup remover and wipes. Most importantly, an item that cannot be forgotten, sunscreen!
Are any of you planning on taking any trips this year? What are some of your travel essentials?
Thanks for stopping by,