The Instant Look in a Palette by Charlotte Tilbury is back by popular demand. The palette is limited edition and retails for $85. There are two colour options and today I will be talking about the Natural Beauty Palette.
This palette is meant to give you that natural no makeup look in just 5 minutes. It features 7 shades for the eyes and cheeks to complete an entire look. The compact itself is sizable and the pan sizes are decent. The texture of the shades are soft and finely milled. Each shade is labeled in numerical order of application which makes it super easy to use. I have outlined the steps below on how to create a natural beauty look in an instant, as well as colour descriptions.
THE INSTANT NATURAL BEAUTY LOOK (via Charlottetilbury.com)
1. Eye Prime: A youthful brightening eye shadow in a colour correcting , brightening pale rose hue to prime the surface of the eyelid for an all day application.
2. Eye Enhance: Adds a dreamy dimension to the eye lid in a natural glowing champagne shade that illuminates the eyelid.
3. Eye Smoke: For softly defined eyes in a universally flattering taupe shade, that can be built up to a very natural smokey eye.
4. Face Bronzer: To define the cheekbone hollows, jawline and nose shape in an all natural, all skin tone bronze colour in my best-selling Filmstar Bronze & Glow formula.
5. Cheek Swish: For a healthy, happy glow in a tea rose hue to be applied on the apple of the cheek and blended out.
6. Cheek Pop: For a natural lit-from-within glow, an uplifting pretty pink to be applied to the apple of the cheeks.
7. Face Highlighter: Candlelight for the skin in a candlelit shade to be applied to the outer C-section of the cheekbones, down the nose, on the bow of the lips and inner corners of the eyes.
I think this is a great palette quality wise and I love the concept. As a busy mom, sometimes all you have is 5 minutes to do your makeup. However, the colour range of this palette is a little too light for me. I feel this palette better suits fairer complexions and maybe the other shade in this palette, Seductive Beauty, might be a better fit. This palette requires a lot of work if I want the cheek colours to work for me. A good base on the eyes and face is needed to get more pigmentation out of the shades. I also use Mac's Fix Plus to enhance the eyeshadows and highlighter shade. The shadows are good for everyday looks and 'no makeup' makeup looks which is the intended use of the palette. The highlighter shade gives a natural glow. For days that I require a more glamourous look, this palette would work as a good base to build on.
Do you own this palette or plan to purchase it? You can shop this palette here.
Let me know your thoughts below,