I’m so excited to share my first impressions of my most anticipated item in Too Faced’s summer 2016 collection. The Limited Edition Sweet Peach Eye shadow Palette! I haven’t been this excited for a new product in a while. It was a little tricky getting this palette but I was able to grab it on the second restock on Sephora.ca before it sold out again. It will be available for sale in Sephora stores on April 15th, 2016 ($49 USD/$59 CND).
Too Faced’s sweet treat inspired palettes, PH &J and The Chocolate Bar Series, all smell like desserts. So can you guess what this palette smells like? Well peaches of course! The fruity peachy scent is sweet but not overpowering. I found the smell faded a little after opening it a few times but still smell yummy.
Too Faced always takes the cake when it comes to cute packaging. This palette comes in a tin case that has raised peaches on the cover in a gradient ombre effect. The Sweet Peach Palette contains 18 beautiful peach, pink, bronze and purple matte and shimmering shades. The palette includes a glamour guide illustrating three different step by step looks that you can replicate. The warm tones shades in this palette are so perfect for creating spring and summer looks.
Each shade is nicely pigmented and blendable except for a couple. White peach did not show up on me and it took a few swatches to get some pigmentation. Summer Yum was another one that took more than one swipe to apply and wasn’t as finely milled as the others. However, it makes a great transition colour for the crease. I’m not a big fan a Too Faced’s sparkly shadows, so Talk Derby to Me is my least favourite shade in this palette. The metallic shades on the other hand like Luscious, Cobbler, Just Peachy and Bellini (to name a few), are calling my name! They glide on so perfectly. I also love the peachy pink tones.
Ok let’s get to the swatches shall we?
Here is a description of the colours (via Sephora’s site). They have such cute peachy names.
- White Peach (matte vanilla cream)
- Luscious (pearl peach champagne)
- Just Peachy (shimmering peachy pink)
- Bless Her Heart (golden moss)
- Tempting (bronzed black)
- Charmed, I'm Sure (matte medium cool brown)
- Nectar (pearly peachy cream)
- Cobbler (peachy pinked bronze)
- Candied Peach (matte coral with violet shimmer)
- Bellini (gilded peach)
- Peach Pit (satin perfect raisin),
- Delectable (matte smoky amethyst)
- Peaches 'n Cream (matte milky peach)
- Georgia (matte peachy pink)
- Caramelized (dark gilded bronze)
- Puree (metallic dark bronze)
- Summer Yum (matte gingerbread)
- Talk Derby To Me (shimmering black violet)
I hope you guys can get your hands on this palette because I think it is a must have! And if you already own it, I hope you’re enjoying it. I sure will be getting a lot of use out of the Sweet Peach Palette.
Thanks for stopping by,